Tuesday, June 17, 2008

To Harumpf and Beyond.

Ok, so here I am now a full 4 months removed from my first post and 3 months, 2 weeks from my most recent. Yeah, I guess the time flew, juices done flowed, and various other what-have-you signaling that my venture into bloggin' was clearly nothing more than another part-time hobby. I could have cared less about it when the spring and all it's distractions showed up a knockin' all at the same time. I apologize for nothing.

That line, my friends, is one of my absolute favorite moments in cinematic history by the way. The scene is from 'Hoosiers' when Gene Hackman's character (Norman Dale) is about to be voted out as coach in the town hall meeting...

"...when I came here, I was hired to teach the boys the game of basketball and I believe I did that to the best of my ability. I apologize for nothing."

Unabashed and pure 'come-what-may' self-confidence in face of his tormentors. Standing up to be counted. It takes a person of great courage to do so with the opposition staring you down. That is something I wish I had more than the trifle currently.

No comments: