Monday, August 3, 2009

Find your center.

Summer is winding down (although some may argue it never got started around here) and with it comes that time each year when we contract into our family and set about planning more structured time management. It's not easy because summer is (and should be, by my way of thinking) typified by free and easy times with significantly less regimentation. My lawn is a great example of that.

Now is the time for all good parents to begin the task of setting up the kids for one of the most exciting and anxiety-producing days of the year - (in doomlike voice) The First Day of School.

Thankfully many things have already begun without my knowledge or planning which is terrific for someone who rarely thinks anything major in our household cannot happen without my terrific influence and knowledge. Sad, but true. I am coming around though thanks to the great other in the house who sets about getting things done and not merely talking about them.

To achieve that centered feeling without creating a hysterical panic about the new schedule does require a bit of discipline and no procrastination. Little bits each day rather than a mass of chaos on the final days. This method is not in my nature apparently, but as I said, I am coming around... slowly. Today is Monday, and I am vowing to begin working toward a more regimented and consistent schedule both for myself and the kids.

Which means I must stop wasting my time blogging for now. Thanks for checking in and I'll see you down the road, more centered, more focused.

What? Why are you laughing at me like that?... (harumpf)

No comments: